socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

Dear Sir I listed my time share with Premier Market Solutions

Customer Question

Dear Sir:

I listed my time share with Premier Market Solutions 3469 W vine St. Kissimmee, Fl 34742 In the agreement it said, "...If the seller/lessor does not receive any reasonable offers to sell/rent their property within 6 months from the time the property is listed, Premier Market Solutions will guarantee FULL REFUND on the listing fee. The refund is subject to terms and conditions listed in this agreement and also located at Otherwise the fee is non-refundable. Any disputes between Preimer Market Solutions and owners will be resolved by binding arbitration in Orange County Florida." I sent a certificate letter asking for my money back and they said I couldn't receive a refund because they sent me an offer by email, but the message had never been opened on Sept. 2, 2009. I told them I checked my e-mail every day, the inbox and the junk mail and never received an e-mail from them. Can anything be done to get my money back? V. McCranie
Category: Business Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 6 years ago.

The collection of advanced listing fees from Florida residents, regardless of the location of the property, and owners of Florida timeshares is prohibited. Section 721.20(6), Florida Statutes, prohibits the collection of any advance fee for the listing of any timeshare estate or timeshare license, and requires that any seller of a timeshare plan be a licensed real estate broker, broker associate or sales associate as defined in Section 475.01, Florida Statutes.

You can file a complaint with the Division of Real Estate, and you may be able to receive a reimbursement from the Division's recovery fund.

Hope this helps.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.