JBaxLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in business formation and licensing issues

How do I transfer my property from my personal to the busi

How do I transfer my property from my personal to the business?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  JBaxLaw replied 6 years ago.
If the business is an independant entity such as a corporation or other LLC, then you may quitclaim the property to the business. There should be a written contract as well assuming you are selling the property.

This will not impact any debt owed on the property. If debt is owed, the financing agreement will contain a provision for acceleration of the amount dueupon transfer without a pay-off. This would essentially mean that the lender could call the note immediately due.

Also, be aware that if the transfer is not in exchange for fair market value, then a creditor attempting to reach the asset could probably still satisfy a personal judgment by accessing that property. The creditor in such a situation would be utilizing the state fraudulent converyance laws.

Thank you

Please click on the ACCEPT button for my answer so that I receive credit for assisting you. You may continue to ask follow-up questions after accepting. If the information is helpful, I would very much appreciate positive feedback. Bonuses are also appreciated. The responses do not create an attorney-client relationship and are informational only.