I am seeking an aggressive lawyer to help me sue two banks

Customer Question

I am seeking an aggressive lawyer to help me sue two banks for lender liability. I have two land lots in Colorado that I was given loans on in 2007 based on alimony income and a divorce settlement. The loans are now both in default and I am facing lawsuits and foreclosure by the banks. Because I did not have a job or income at the time I applied for the loans (other than my divorce settlement and alimony income), I feel I was taken advantage of by the banks. How can I go about finding a lawyer who is willing to take me on as a client?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 6 years ago.
What specifically are you asking. Do you need help locating local counsel?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Yes, I am seeking advice on locating counsel that is specifically oriented towards Consumer Advocacy regarding lender liability. The firms that I have interviewed are bank sympathetic.

With regard to local counsel, although the land is in Colorado, I am a New Jersey resident. I do not know if I must have representation in Colorado because the banks and land are there, or if I may use someone here back east. Having someone here in New Jersey would be preferable to me.

Thank you.

You need a consumer protection lawyer. You can locate same by location and practice area and other criteria on which is a premier directory used by lawyers especially.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX was the first place I started at.
That is a fine place to locate. Additional sources would include and as well as the state bar association that often includes lists of lawyers available by practice area as well as at reduced and potentially pro bono or contingency fee basis.