lwpat
lwpat, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 35 years of business experience.
15417118

I have a partner who is not being responsive and not returning

I have a partner who is not being responsive and not returning phone calls. It is an S-Corp and we are in danger of losing some certifications without her signature. Can anything be done???
The only thing that you can do is to contact an attorney and have the attorney notify her that her failure to cooperate could be considered a breach of ficuciary duty and that she can be pesonally liable for any damage to the corporation. You are in for a very tough time since you evidentially don't have an operating agreement. Here you need the assistance of a very good business law attorney since it is likely that the corporation is goin to have to be dissolved.in order to settle the situation.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Can she truly be personally liable for damage to the corporation?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Did you get my last reply???
Yes she can. A shareholder has a fiduciary duty to the other shareholders and that means personal liability.

An accept for my time is always appreciated.