Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

I own a corporation. Corporstion owns a delivery route franchise

Customer Question

I own a corporation. Corporstion owns a delivery route franchise (financing). Also has a truck lease. Can I sell corporation? Purchasee agrees on continue payments on franchise and truck. Those are under coeporarion name. Its a llc.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
If everything is under the corporation/LLC, then the corporation/LLC is liable for those debts, unless you have signed a personal guarantee for those debts. Thus, you specify in the sale agreement that they are acquiring the corporation/LLC including all debts and assets and assume liability for those debts. If you have any personal guarantees with any creditors, you need to contact those creditors and get the buyer to substitute their guarantee for yours with the creditors to remove your liability in case they fail to pay.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”