Lawdoctor
Lawdoctor, Attorney
Experience:  I have handled numerous business law cases during my career
14932443

I am a green card holder. My wife is a us citizen of Indian

I am a green card holder. My wife is a us citizen of Indian origin. We are both residents of KC MO. I stayed in the usa for 3 months and had leave back to India due to pressing family issues and for medical reasons.
I had lend some money to my wife for which we had made a promissory note and a security agreement where in 49% of her company was pledged to me as gaurentee. Now she is defaulting on the monthly payment due to me . How can I proceed while I am forced to stay in India due to my medical treatment?
Dear Sududkoker:

You can hire an attorney in Kansas City to represent you in this matter. I suggest you contact the Kansas City Bar Association:

http://www.kcmba.org/

You may want to consider the consequences to your marriage if you pursue a lawsuit against your wife. Could a family member possibly intervene and mediate a resolution without using the legal system?

Good luck and Godspeed.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for your prompt reply.

There are other isuues reg this marriage that during my short stay in KV MO I began to suspect that my wife was mixing drugs in my food and also that I left KC MO back for India in a state of slight paranoia and I had to take medical treatment to get over it.

The doctors here suspect that some form of 'date rape drug' was used though the toxicology reports rule negative

Is there any legal recourse in such a case?
I am sorry to hear of this. Yes, if there is proof, such as your doctor's reports verifying that you were give Rohypnol or some other drug, (however, Rohypnol dissipates from your body quickly, that is one reason it is a popular drug for criminals to use), then you should contact the police in Kansas City and file a criminal complaint.

Since you are out of the country, they may not want to take the report, but try anyway. You will need to contact a Divorce lawyer in Kansas City to represent you. It sounds like you need to take action by hiring an attorney to protect not only your financial interests, but your physical well being.

Good luck and Godspeed.

Have I satisfactorily addressed your concerns? If not, then please feel free to ask for clarification.

DISCLAIMER: Please understand that the complexities of most legal problems cannot be adequately addressed in this setting, and that I am only licensed to practice law in the states of Florida and Mississippi. Accordingly, you acknowledge (1) that we have not formed an attorney-client relationship, and (2) that my post is general information only and not specific legal advice.

Please remember that we have not created an attorney-client relationship, and that my post is not intended to be specific legal advice. The answers given are limited to the information you have provided in your post. For specific legal advice, please consult with an attorney licensed in your state.

Also as the green card holder, you will have leverage over her continued stay in the US. Find a divorce lawyer who has immigration experience.

Good luck.
Rene

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Would it be possible for you to recommend a couple of reputed lawyers in KC MO area?

I wish I could, however, this cite prohibits the direct referral to an attorney, that is why I gave you the contact information for the Kansas City Bar Association. You should be able to email them with a request for a referral to an attorney who specializes in divorce, immigration and business issues.

Below is the direct link to the portion of the site dedicated to referrals:

http://www.kcmba.org/PublicService/lrs.htm

Once you hire someone to protect your interests, you can concentrate on getting well!

Good luck.

Thank you for the accept and I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep documenting all that is happening to you. Good luck.

Rene