Ask GWarren For Business & Nonprofits...
GWarren For Business & Nonprofits
GWarren For Business & Nonprofits, Attorney
Experience:  30 yrs Counsel, AVP Corp Governance Fortune 100 finance/ins, Nonprofit Bds, law firm. OH NJ license
15435467

I am trying to start a booking company

I am trying to start a booking company
Category: Business Law
Expert:  GWarren For Business & Nonprofits replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for contacting justanswer.

First, the obvious, there are several websites devoted to assisting the formation of a booking agency or company if you initiate a web search of "starting a booking company" or "agency." Several of those sites charge for their services and set up features.

A fine resource to assist you in forming a booking company, conducting an assessment of potential competition in the business, preparing a business plan, locating any funding and financing you may need as well as legally filing as a business in California to protect you from personal activity and financial liability is SCORE, Counselors to America's Small Business at http://www.score.org SCORE provides free counseling by experienced volunteer business experts to assist you in your local area.

The California Secretary of State can assist you in filing forms to develop a California business to protect you personally from liability in your booking arrangements. That website is as follows:

http://www.sos.ca.gov/business/be/forms.htm

I hope this information is helpful and responsive to your question. If you would like further clarification, please let me know.