Im in NC, entered into contract with a NV firm for grant writing

Customer Question

I'm in NC, entered into contract with a NV firm for grant writing help. Paid $2,400 up front and now can't get them to return phone calls, emails, faxes.
Have filed complaint w/BBB. How do I get an Atty to represent us in Small Claims Court in Henderson, NV?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 6 years ago.
You can get a lawyer on but you can also do it on your own by filing a complaint, bringing documents showing what you paid, and likely you will either settle or win a judgment.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

How do I go about filing the complaint on my own? Who do I contact and where in NV?

I have to weigh the costs of a lawyer in NV, vs a plane ticket out there. If I knew how/where to file the complaint, I would do it myself. Need more advice.

You would go to the local small claims court in your county and the clerk will help you fill out the form.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do you have ANY idea what the cost of an atty in NV would cost and how long it might take for this to go to court?
The lawyer will charge half or more than what you are suing for. You should pursue this without a lawyer and rest assured that you can win without one if you bring the documents showing what you paid and got nothing back.