INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  LICENSED BUSINESS LAWYER
11313492

I received an invoice from an advertising company for online

I received an invoice from an advertising company for online listings that our firm never agreed to. I feel this is fraud. How do I proceed and to whom do I report the company ?
You should reject it in writing. You can also report it to the BBB and dept of consumer affairs. if sued, the lack of an order or a contract is your defense.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I was thinking of contacting the US postal inspection service. What should the written rejection we send include? Simply a statement that we are not doing business with them, never solicited their services, and never will?
That is correct and I would also add that to the extent they pursue you further by lawsuit or otherwise you will seek sanctions, legal fees and consider a lawsuit for malicious prosecution as well as a report to the relevant state and federal agencies.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks very much!
Good luck!!!