I have a vendor that sent a payment thru on my bank acct after

Customer Question

I have a vendor that sent a payment thru on my bank acct after I'd already paid the invoice personally over the phone. They cause nsf fees to hit in excess of $200, they only paid a portion of it and they will not refund me the money. I did not authorize them to charge my card. They have admitted to making the mistake, they refunded the 2nd charge, they refunded a portion of the nsf fees and they refuse to refund the full amt of the charges. I am entitled to the full amt of the charges because their mistake is the cause of the fees being charged to my acct. I know it seems like a small amount of money but I am a small business and I should not have to pay for their mistake. What do I do? I want to sue them for the amt they owe me, the court costs and attorneys fees. Plus they have made this mistake twice. Help!?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 6 years ago.
How much are your damages?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

$120.50.....there was a total of $225.50 in charges, there were 7 seperate charges to my acct. I have never had any insf fees on my business acct before except when this same company did this before. The first time the bank refunded me the fees because they saw that I was refunded the invoice chrg from the co. But the bank did not cover any fees this time. I am also concerned with how this will look when i go to apply for business loans. I dont know. I feel that I should have punitive damages as well they are being very arrogant and have lied in the response that they sent to the attorney's so not right. But I had to cover the $120.50

Given the small amount consider a complaint to the BBB and consider a lawsuit in small claims court.