Law Girl
Law Girl, Attorney
Experience:  I am familiar with this area of law.
635143

What does the following mean (found in the personal guaranty

What does the following mean (found in the personal guaranty section of a commercial lease)?:

The Undersigned waive(s) notice of any demand by the Landlord, as well as any notice of default in the payment of rent or any other amounts, contained or reserved in the Lease.

Thanks,
Brad
Thank you for your question.

It sounds like pursuant to the personal guaranty section of the lease, the person who signed the lease agreed that the Landlord did not need to give notice of any demand the Landlord was making under the lease. This means that in the event payment was not made, or the terms of the lease were not met by the tenant, the Landlord did not need to give notice before taking action.

________________________________________
Please let me know if you have any other questions on this matter or require clarification. Otherwise please hit "ACCEPT" so I may receive credit for my efforts.

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

Use of this service does not create any attorney client relationship. Any information provided is not the practice of law but intended to direct you in finding an attorney in your locale.

You can always request me with beginning your question with "For LawGirl..."
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So, is this something that I should agree to (as the Tenant)?

Thanks,
Brad
Not knowing your situation, I cannot tell you what to do. I can only provide information.

This is a standard provision. As the law does not really set a notice requirement in the event of default, this may be negotiable. If you are not comfortable with your Landlord not giving notice in the event of your Default, you can inquire about some sort of notice. However, whether this is something that you do really depends on your record-keeping, how you pay your bills, your financial situation, etc.

In the event that you promptly pay your bills consistently each month, this is probably a non-issue. However, if you are prone to be late, then you may try to negotiate for some sort of notice requirement.