FLCORPLAWYER
FLCORPLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  23 Years business & securities law, NY and FL bars. SEC all states.
13539925

I am a conversion company that sells a trailer outfitted to

I am a conversion company that sells a trailer outfitted to become a dog grooming salon, We offer finacing Our Customer ( Mather) filled out a credit app, we submited the app and invoice to ETAC.. it was approved and the terms were $7,500 down, 300 monthly payments 10 years, total cost of trailer was aprox 37,000.00.. Mather paid us the 7500 with a cc amex, we built the trailer, and was awaiting funds so we could deliver the trailer.. ETAC closed there doors last week and we cannot get ahold of them.. Apparently the loan was funded by first internet bank, Which first internet sent the money to ETAC which in turn was suppose to send the money to us.. Now that ETAC has closed its doors, We never recivied our funds for the trailer, but First Internet bank, has sent a payment coupon book to mather, and mather has already made one payment.. I have the trailer.. and i have the orginal MSO. First Internet is saying that we owe the customer the trailer. but we have not been paid???????
Category: Business Law
Expert:  FLCORPLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
You have not been paid. Do not release the trailer. The customer is obligated to you for $37,000. The fact that his loan from his loan company went sour means nothing to you. Please tell the first internet guy that you were not born yesterday.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
When you say the customer is obligated to me for the 37,000, i undersand that.. then you go on to say that his loan from his company...I"m not understanding that, its sounds like you are meaning he went on his own to obtain the loan.. Also my customer just diputed the down payment he made to us with his amex card.I"m getting ready to cal the first internet bank, and want to make sure i understand fully.. thank u
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i'm still waiting, The bank just called me, but i was wating to here from you... thanks
The loan agreement is with your customer and the bank is it not? Is he not the obligor to first internet?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes.. the loan agreement is with the customer ( mather) and first internet bank.. BUt there take on it, is that they fullfilled there obligation and paid ETAC the funds.. and just becasue they closed there doors, that's too bad.. They said.. they still have an ageement with the customer, and the customer is on the hook for the full price, and it' up to me, to contact a attoney to go after ETAC.
It's up to the internet bank to go after the customer. Its up to the customer to pay you for the trailer. Its up to you to provide the trailer. You can go after ETAC as a third party beneficiary if you want but you are not obligated to do so. Do not release the trailer without full payment.