FLCORPLAWYER
FLCORPLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  23 Years business & securities law, NY and FL bars. SEC all states.
13539925

Im an entertainer/singer and have a band and send out 1099-misc

I'm an entertainer/singer and have a band and send out 1099-misc forms at the end of the year for tax purposes. I have never personally mailed a 1099-Misc copy A to the Internal revenue in all my years of working. My husband says that i'm required to mail this form. We had our taxes prepared this year at H & R block, we usually go to a CPA, so I'm wondering if that was something our CPA did. I was also told I had to file form 1096. Help! This is all news to me.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  FLCORPLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
Do not send 1099's to the IRS with your returns. Form 1096 is a notice of tax transmittal used for charitable organizations. Unless the band is a licensed charity do not send this form.