Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.

Customer Question

Data Processing is a service firm that performs word processing functions for accounting firms, corporations and government agencies. Their facilities consist of 120 office units with a Word Processor (person who does the typing) in each unit. Their facilities were formerly a shoe manufacturing plant and all of the office units are now located in one large room. Over the past 14 months, 7 of the 120 Word Processors have been diagnosed with breast cancer. In six of the seven cases diagnosed, there is no family history of breast cancer. Jane Quinn, the owner and CEO of Data Processing Inc., has seen a study that links employment as a Word Processor to a higher rate of breast cancer. CEO Quinn does not disclose the study to her employees and takes no further action. a. List the ethical issues for CEO Quinn. b. How does CEO Quinn rationalize her decision not to take any further action? What philosophy does she appear to follow (I. e., how does she avoid the ethical dilemma)? What is at stake for CEO Quinn? c. You are a legal/ethical counsel for Data Processing Inc. CEO Quinn finally came to you for advice. What advice would you give her? (Use appropriate ethics decision making model(s) to support your answers to CEO Quinn).
Category: Business Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 6 years ago.
What State are the workers employed in?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Can you get this to me by 2:30pm today?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Can u send me the other two answers again please. Thank you