INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  LICENSED BUSINESS LAWYER

We are a small business located in Enfield, Ct. Back in June

We are a small business located in Enfield, Ct. Back in June we were contacted by a company from Exton, PA who was interested in displaying our product in their business. The terms of the contract were that they would bill our credit card on the 1st of the month, one month in advance. On July 9, 2009 we paid them $300.00 for the first and last months rent. July 17, 2009 we shipped them $2400.00 worth of product to be displayed in their store’s Grand Reopening on July 31, 2009. August 11, 2009 we contacted Starting Forever asking how our product was doing, since we never heard. At that time we were told that the store was not even open yet. September 11, 2009 they charge an additional $150.00 for rent to our credit card, still the store was not open. September 23, we were notified that their store was finally open. October 6, 2009 they charged an additional $150.00 to our credit card. At this point we have paid them $600.00 for four months rental space and they have only been open 16 days. October 9, 2009 we informed them we could no longer afford to do business with them with out any sales coming in to off set the expenses. We asked for a refund of unused rental space money and the return of our product. October 12, 2009 we received a response from our contact at Starting Forever saying they would forward our request to their legal department and the owner of the company Ashley Stratton. Nikki ensured us that “someone from the company will contact you within a few days.” October 22, 2009 we made a second attempt to request our product back and have not received any response.

Do we have a valid claim and how do we go about getting our product and money back?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 4 years ago.
Good evening and thank you for the question. Please itemize for me your total damages in product and monies unpaid.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The product we sent is worth $2400.00 and the rent we would like returned in $300.00

Thank you for the information. Given the defendant is located out of state, I would have a collection firm send a letter demanding said damages and then suing for the balance. You can locate such a firm on www.lawyers.com and should retain on contingency so you pay nothing expect out of amount recovered.
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience: LICENSED BUSINESS LAWYER
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you very much.
You are welcome. Have a good night.