JBaxLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in business formation and licensing issues

I am moving out of a leased building, going out of business.

Customer Question

I am moving out of a leased building, going out of business. I will be breaking the lease.
The lease contains a First Lien to the Lessor on all equipment, furnishings and all personal property that I have put in.
There were no equipment furnishings or course no personal property at the location. I had to completely remoldel. I have been here 6 years and never been late on a payment.
I am taking all my equipment, furnishings and personal property.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  JBaxLaw replied 6 years ago.
The landlord will have a lien on any equipment or property in the leased space. It sounds as though you are removing those items. The landlord will most likely file suit against you based on the lease and obtain a judgment for the amounts due under the lease.

Thank you

Please click on the ACCEPT button for my answer so that I receive credit for assisting you. You may continue to ask follow-up questions after accepting. If the information is helpful, I would very much appreciate positive feedback. Bonuses are also appreciated. The responses do not create an attorney-client relationship and are informational only.