Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

Hi; We are selling on ebay.us and we have a team of professionals

Customer Question

Hi;

We are selling on ebay.us and we have a team of professionals who work for us in India. How can we pay them their salaries from USA and secondly is it legal to have employees in India while having business in USA.

Thanks;

Sudhir
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Pro replied 7 years ago.

Yes, it's legal for US companies to have employees in India (or any other country for that matter).

Have you looked into PayPal as a means to pay them?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Dear Sir;

My question was that how can we make the salaries payment to our employees across boarder without inviting any legal queries.

Thanks

Sudhir S Rathore
Expert:  Law Pro replied 7 years ago.

Yes, you may very well be inquired about the matter - why your sending them monies. Yes, they would be interested in any money laundering scheme or other illegal activity.

However, if you can pay them as employees regardless of where they reside as employees of your US company. However, you may have to follow their country's rules and regulations by setting up a satellite office and registering to do business there potentially.

You would have to follow their rules and regulations - not just US's.

Are you asking how to send them monies without reporting it?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Dear Sir;

Thanks for the answer, yes my exact question is that what are the formalities which we need to do before we define that we have employees in India and what is the documentation requirement from Government side so that we do not encounter any queries(We want to go legal way of doing business of this nature). Since its a small business of turnover just $60,000 we will not be able to invest a lot in the legalities of this.

Please advise.

Thanks
Expert:  Law Pro replied 7 years ago.

Although that's not what your question was - you asked, "How can we pay them their salaries from USA and secondly is it legal to have employees in India while having business in USA."

I'm going to opt out and maybe some else can help you.