Jack R.
Jack R., Attorney
Experience:  Significant Company/HR Experience
14472836

I have a case management hearing in framinham Mass tomorrow

I have a case management hearing in framinham Mass tomorrow morning. I have been sereved that I am being taken to court for a bill that i have disputed with a sub contractor. If i miss this hearing will they automaticaly rule against me if I dont show up. I have not retained council on this either and it is mandatory that I do considering my company is an LLC

A case management hearing generally is about setting dates and looking at the issues to be decided. If you do not show up it is with the court's power to find against you. If you have a good reason for not showing up you should at least call the clerk in the morning explain the situation. Some judges will order a reschedule of the hearing.

If an attorney is required then you might indicate you have not been successful in engaging an attorney. This might be sufficient to get the court to reschedule the proceedings once. If possible you should show up and ask for an extension of time to obtain counsel.

All comments are provided for informational purposes only. A local attorney should be contacted for specific legal advice.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
so they can rule against me if they want to because I am sure the plaintiffs attorney will ask for this. Can I just go to a courthouse in N.J where I live and try for a change in venue.
Where is the property that the is the subject of the dispute; where is the LLC formed ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
my company is in N.J the work I had done was in MASS where plaintif filed and the plaintif is from N.H

You can ask for a transfer to NJ. The rules provide that a complaint may be filed in the court where the transaction took place, or where the defendant lives. It is likely any request for transfer would be turned down. In addition you still have the same problem, only motions from an attorney will be considered. You cannot submit you own motion.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank you I will show up and request time for an attorney.