Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.

I am renting office space to a construction company doing ro

I am renting office space to a construction company doing road work in my area, they have been given bills for rental space and other services, yet they have not paid or been in contact with me as to when they will be paying thier bills. We do not have a written agreement other then what we gave them for what the rent and other services would cost. What are my options ? ie. locking them out of thier office. etc.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.

With no written lease agreement, they are considered "at will" tenants and therefore as month to month tenants. You can do two things...1) have them evicted, and 2) sue them for nonpayment of rent. You do not want to simply lock them want to go through the eviction process.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button NOW, so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.