Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law

Hello looking for some advice. I have a security business I

Customer Question

Hello looking for some advice. I have a security business I provide executive protection to CEO's AND VPS of major businesses. I have a branch in NYS also forming one in South Florida.I would like to provide armed protection seeing how more companies are screaming for armed security unfortunately since 9/11.I would like to know how I would go about providing armed protection troughout the US and abroad legally.Also what type of attorney can I obtain to further help me with this matter? You guys were great on my last business questions thankyou.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 7 years ago.
In order to have security guards armed they have to be licensed. This is a state by state process in the U.S. Obviously abroad they would have to satisfy the requirements of that country's or province's law. Any business attorney could assist you in obtaining the requirements you would need for each state. As you already operate in NY State, you are already in one of the states with the most stringentl regulations, especially NYC.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. I would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.