INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  LICENSED BUSINESS LAWYER
11313492

we got screen on lease non cancelable we called the salespeople

we got screen on lease non cancelable we called the salespeople to fix but they could not fix the problem. we told them we cannot be paying for something that does not do what it should be doing. but we cannot return it because of the lease and we are paying monthly which we cannot really afford. what can we do. thank you
Category: Business Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 4 years ago.
What do you want to know and accomplish?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
we would like to return the screen and projector which was worth approx. $0000.00 at $250 a month for 48 months and it has been a year now since we got it sept/08. we have requested this the day we found out that the item sold to us did not perform as promised and the company who sold us the equipment tried to fix it with no success but did not want to take the equipment back.we have been paying the monthly even if the equipment cannot be used.we would like to know how can we terminate the lease.
You can make such demand in writing by lawyer letter claiming breach of contract. You can also sue for such relief and also seek legal fees. You can find a local lawyer to do so on www.lawyers.com
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
will writing a letter by a lawyer give us leverage and be able to cancel the contract. what percentage will be possible.
It is possible but do not be too optimistic. It is worth a try since it raises exposure ans send a message you are serious about a lawsuit.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
do we send the letter to the leasing company or the company that sold us the equipment.
I would send it both putting both on notice as between them they may seek to compromise or one may put pressure on the other to do so.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thank you
You are welcome. I would appreciate if it if you accept my answer so I am paid for my answer(s)
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience: LICENSED BUSINESS LAWYER