Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

I am looking for a form that employees and students can sign

I am looking for a form that employees and students can sign ,so that they can't go on Face book or any internet peice and slander or Defame our schools.
Do you know if there is such a piece created?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
What this is first and foremost is trademark infringement for using your logo without your permission and you need to send the student a letter telling them to cease and desist and you could also sue the student for the trademark infringement as well as for any known false statements they have made.

Next, you merely need a simple contractual agreement stating that "student/employee understands and agrees that they have no permission to use the logo of the school in any manner and for any purpose without express written permission. Furthermore, student/employee understands and agrees not to make any disparaging or derrogatory remarks about the school to any third parties nor publish any such remarks. The student/employee further understands and agrees that any violations of these provisions will result in legal action and the student/employee agrees that if legal action is brought they shall be liable to pay any and all legal costs, including but not limited to attorney's fees for the school pursuing such an action in breach of this agreement. Additionally, any such violation of this agreement shall be grounds for immediate dismissal from the school without any refund and/or termination of employment misconduct directly related to employment such that I understand unemployment benefits should be denied." Then have them sign the agreement.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

Use of this service does not create any attorney client relationship. Any information provided is not the practice of law but intended to direct you in finding an attorney in your locale.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”