JPEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Experience as both in-house and outside counsel in general business and transactional law

after working on a pickup truck and could not fix owner had

Customer Question

after working on a pickup truck and could not fix owner had it towed to another shop then that shop took to dealer to complete. My shop paid for repairs said were my mistake then 2nd shpo picked up truck it died and on restart ran on only 2 cylinders dealer got it running better but still missing,now owner wants me to replace motor because it is knocking after it gets hot.Is my shop still liable? located in Indiana
Category: Business Law
Expert:  JPEsq replied 7 years ago.

Whether you are liable depends on a couple of factors.

What was the condition of the truck when you got it? Did you make it worse? When it was brought to you, could it have been fixed entirely if it had been taken to dealer at that time?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
truck had bad valve which caused a miss when truck left my shop it didnt run wepaid 2nd shop to get running .dealer didnt know what to do after it came back to them
Expert:  JPEsq replied 7 years ago.

Ok, by the time it got to dealer, I still need to know if it was in worse shape.

You are not responsible for the cost of a new motor, in any case. When they brought it to you, it was not new... at most you are responinsible for any additional damage you did, if any.