MDLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Experience in business law, contract law and related matters.

I have been wrongfully terminated from my professional job

I have been wrongfully terminated from my professional job as a licensed pharmacist. My (previous) immediate supervisor *slandered my name,my reputation,my life(etc). I am 7 weeks out of work, unable to collect unemployment ("substantial fault"=reason for unempl.denial);The statements made to me (in front of a witness) definitely meet the definition of slander(false stmts. exposing me to..ridicule and contempt."intense feeling or attitude of-regarding someone as inferior,base or worthless"
I have not talked personally with an attorney specifically about my case yet (haven't found an attorney experienced in defamation of character issues,yet).
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MDLaw replied 7 years ago.
What exactly is your question?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I guess my question is..can I sue an individual *and a corporation* for wrongful termination (and all the hardships that have resulted)..the corporation being sued for "backing" the immed.supervisor who terminated me.
Expert:  MDLaw replied 7 years ago.
You can sue them for wrongful termination but it is only a wrongful termination if one of the following applies:
1. You had an employment contract and they violated the terms of that contract in terminating you.
2. You were discriminated against based on your race, age, gender, national origin, disability, religion.
3. It was a public policy violation to terminate you, i.e. you were terminated for refusing to violate a law.

Please let me know if this answers your question. If not, feel free to request clarification from me. Thank you for using the JA website!