We have a new llc and are creating the articles of organization.

We have a new llc and are creating the articles of organization. If an llc is managed by both members each owning 50% and they can not agree on an important deciscion what happens? Is there language that can be added to the articles to clarify how decision are made if both members do not agree? Should on member be entitled to an additional vote in this case?
Submitted: 7 years ago via RocketLawyer.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
You should consider adding another member or requiring decision be made on consent of both sides.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
We don't want to add another member and currently all decision require unanimous votes. Is there language we can add to the operating agreement that spells out what should be done in the case of an impasse?
Let me ask you this though, before we discuss language, how do you want to resolve such disputes?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Good Question! My business partner would like to be the one who makes the final decision in the case of an impasse but I think we should consult with a professional such as a lawyer, cpa or whoever would be appropriate for the decision in question. I guess I just answered my own question?
You could both agree on a neutral third party and say that in the event you cannot agree you will submit to the decision of Mr/Mrs. X.