Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law

I plan on opening a business (rent-to-own) in Houston, Texas

I plan on opening a business (rent-to-own) in Houston, Texas (Zip 77336).
Do you know of any required state or City of Houston permits or authorizations? Also, are you aware of any other pertinent legislation about the operation of rent-to-own businesses?

Have you contacted the City of Houston to see if you need a license for this or any other business? What were you told? Will you handle all the financing or will a third party be involved?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

No, I have not contacted the City of Houston.

No, there is no 3rd party involved in the financing.

State statutes 35.71 et seq. give the requirement you must comply with for a rent to own business. There is a particular emphasis on what the contract terms can be. Here is a site that should be of help to you.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. I would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.