Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.
§ 55A-6-20. Designations, qualifications, rights, and obligations of members.
If a corporation has members, the designations, qualifications, rights, and obligations of members shall be set forth in or authorized by the articles of incorporation or bylaws, and may include any provisions not inconsistent with law or the articles of incorporation with respect to:
(1) Conditions of admission and membership;
(2) Voting rights and the manner of exercising voting rights;
(3) The relative rights and obligations of members among themselves, to the corporation, and with respect to the property of the corporation;
(4) The manner of terminating membership in the corporation;
(5) The rights and obligations of the members and the corporation upon such termination;
(6) The transferability or nontransferability of memberships; and
(7) Any other matters.
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on JustAnswer are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. JustAnswer is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains.
The responses above are from individual Experts, not JustAnswer. The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credential of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service (last updated February 8, 2012).