Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Attorney
Experience:  Atty since 1986. Real estate, tax, and other business law questions
10033880

We are looking to file a General Denial to the court in response

Customer Question

We are looking to file a "General Denial" to the court in response to a Summons. The following is an extract from the main body of the standard form that we will file. Is it proper? If not, please give us your recommendations.

Thank You

RESPONSE TO COMPLAINT CASE NO. 123456

I am the •?Plaintiff/Petitioner X Respondent/Defendant in this action. I hereby respond to _______________CASE NO. 123456____________________ (cite any applicable law) as follows:

Plaintiff has not demonstrated that such faxed documents were sent by our organization.

I am requesting:

I am requesting a General Denial in which I deny each and every accusation.

Dated: October 1, 2009

____________________________________
Plaintiff/Petitioner OR X Defendant/Respondent
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 4 years ago.

Leave this part out:

Plaintiff has not demonstrated that such faxed documents were sent by our organization. I am requesting: I am requesting a General Denial in which I deny each and every accusation.

Just number your answer like the complaint. For each paragraph, respond either "deny" or "insufficient information to provide a response"

Keep in mind that you have the right to file a counterclaim. I don't know what your case is about - I just wanted to let you know this.

Oh, and your response should be called an "Answer". It needs to be filed with the court, and copies mailed to the Complainant (or Plaintiff).

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The form reads as follows:

I hereby respond to Case No 123456 as follows:________________
Count I - Deny
Count II - Deny
Count III - Deny

I am requesting: ________________
What shall I place here?

Thank You

No idea, since I don't know the first thing about your case.

However, this is the place to put any claims you may have against the Plaintiff.

For example:

Attorney fees and costs in defending the lawsuit.

Money the Plaintiff owes.

Harm the Plaintiff has caused to you.

Those are just a few ideas.

Jane Doe Deer, Attorney
Experience: Atty since 1986. Real estate, tax, and other business law questions
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I now understand. Thank You very much.
You're welcome. Good luck to you, and thanks for paying promptly!