INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  LICENSED BUSINESS LAWYER
11313492

My wife and I are involved in a retail business with a partner.

Customer Question

My wife and I are involved in a retail business with a partner. The relationship has gone south quickly. She has tried to have my wife and I removed as signers on our checking accounts, changed the locks on the store, changed the combination to the safe, cancelled our business credit cards, and denied us access to our supplier websites used to order products. Recently, she has withdrawn $5k from the business savings account to pay her personal credit cards. I have all of these actions described by her on email.

What legal remedies do I have? Can I call the local district attorney and bring her up on charges?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
The recourse here is not criminal but civil. Consider negotiating or suing to dissolve the partnership and crediting you with monies wrongly taken by her for personal purposes.