Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

How do you legally hide ownership of a company We are not

How do you legally hide ownership of a company? We are not doing anything illegal or immoral, but do not want the public to know ownership.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
You can form a trust and you can place the ownership of the company into that trust and in the event that anyone goes to look at the ownership they would see the name of the trust, but since trusts are not recorded there would be noplace else to look to find who the beneficiaries of the trust are. All they would see is the registered agent of the corporation and the name of the trust.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thanks PaulMJD.

As a follow up, I have read about nominee ownership. Would this be another avenue?

It is an option, but it also creates problems when you have problems with the nominee and also the government is becoming more and more watchful of nominee owned companies, but this is very similar to trust ownership.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

PaulMJD,

Do you take on clients from this venue?

We are prohibited from taking clients through here or making any contact outside of this site by the site rules. The best we can do is suggest the same site used by other attorneys to find an attorney in your area, http://www.martindale.com