Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.

I have a home staging company,llc in Illinois with 2 other

I have a home staging company,llc in Illinois with 2 other equal partners. We have no buy/sell agreement in place. We all stage, they sell, and I do everything else (books, operations, marketing, selling,...) We have no debt, doubled our income from year one to year two and maintained the same income this year as last with the poor economy. I would like to move on to other ventures due to personal reasons, and partners would like to keep the company. Do I have any rights to recoup any of the $30,000 of income I have re-invested in the company? If they choose not to buy me out, can I legally sell my partnershipto an outside party or insist we liquidate the company? Thank you!
If it is an LLC, then absent a buy/sell agreement, you would have to negotiate a buyout with the LLC or the other members or you would have to then seek to sell out your membership to an outside party and since there is no bylaw in the membership agreement to prevent this, it would be allowed.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you!
Thank you.