INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  LICENSED BUSINESS LAWYER
11313492

HELLO XXXXX DO THINGS RIGHT. I SIGNED FOR THE PURCHASE

HELLO      I LIKE TO DO THINGS RIGHT. I SIGNED FOR THE PURCHASE OF A TRACTOR AND A TRAILER TO BE RUN UNDER THE COMPANY OF SOMEONE KNOWN TO ME AT ANOTHER STATE BUT FOR LONG HAUL TRUCKING. ALSO A FLAT BED TRAILER WAS PURCHASED WITH THE VERBAL AGREEMENT THAT THE SON OF THE PERSON WAS GOING TO DRIVE THE TRACTOR. THEY GOT THE TRACTOR BUT SOMETHING STRANGE HAPPENED AFTER I GOT TO SEE THE TRACTOR. I FOUND THE SON AND THE FATHER WHO OWNS THE COMPANY IN AN ARGUMENT. THE SON TOLD ME THAT HE WANTED TO BECOME HIS OWN MONEY MAKER APART FROM THE SON. THEN THE FATHER ASKED ME AFTER THEIR ARGUMENT WAS FINISHED TO MAKE A STATEMENT FOR HIM TO HAVE IN ORDER THAT IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO ME - HE WILL KEEP THE TRACTOR AND ONE OF MY RELATIVES WILL NOT TAKE IT ONCE IS PAID. I WAS OUTRAGED THAT THE MAN KNOWN TO ME MAKE SUCH STATEMENT. WE DID NOT DO ANY CONTRACT IN REGARDS XXXXX XXXXX AND PERHAPS ME MAKING SOMETHING LATER MONEY WISE. THEY ARE RUNNING THE TRACTOR- WHAT CAN I DO TO PROTECT MYSELF?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 4 years ago.
What is it you want to know in connection with the agreement you signed?   
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I did not sign any agreement. The only thing that I sign was for the dealer that sold the tractor to run a credit check in conjuction with the finance company. The finance company approved the purchase without any down payment and the person known to me picked up the tractor with his son some weeks ago and are driving it. There is no written agreement with the person known to me who owns the company and his son and there is no verbal agreement about me making any money of having to put my name as the credit person for the tractor which was purchased under my name and put as leased to the company of the person known to me and being driven by his son. I have no clue what agreeements are there between the person known to me and his son or any monetary deals between them. I could not make any money if wanted to because of other local matters and that wouldn't be right for me to do so or legal. I could make some money next year out of each load the tractor makes besides the payment but such would have to be again not now due to other matters locally and under some type of written contract that doesn't exist. I am clueless about what to do about my good gesture but feel like they are just looking about themselves.
If you didnt sign the agreement you can walk away.   If there are side agreement though they need not disclose those to you unless you ask about such terms or refuse to sign unless all such terms are disclosed.
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience: LICENSED BUSINESS LAWYER
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How can I walk away? The tractor was purchased by me via mail and put as leased to the man known to me who own the company. The insurance is on my name and the assigned driver is his son. How can I walk away?

If you never signed a contract then you would not be liable. If you have signed a contract you would be bound and can only get out of it if you negotiate otherwise or sue to rescind based on their breach of the agreement.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

THANK YOU. XXXXX NOT GETTING THE ANSWER RIGHT. IF YOU GO BACK AND REVIEW MY FIRST QUESTION AND SECOND QUESTION WHICH WS ALSO A REPLY TO THE FIRST QUESTION BECAUSE THE FIRST ANSWER DID NOT ANSWERED MY FIRST QUESTION AND EXAMINE THE SECOND ANSWER TO MY REPLY OF THE FIRST QUESTION- THEN YOU WILL SEE THAT THE QUESTION HAS NOT BEEN PROPERLY YET ANSWERED. I KNOW THAT THERE IS NO CONTRACT BETWEEN MY FRIEND AND ME NOR HIS SON AND ME. MY QUESTION IS - WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT THE TRACTOR? THE TRACTOR WAS PUT UNDER MY NAME AND CREDIT AS THE PURCHARSER AND OWNER AND WAS MADE TO LOOK UNDER THE SALE PAPERS AS ME BEING THE OWNER AND LEASED TO MY FRIEND COMPANY SO HIS SON CAN DRIVE THE TRACTOR AND WORK THE TRACTOR. I WAS NOT AWARE THAT THEY HAD OTHER PROBLEMS SUCH AS CREDIT ETC. WHAT CAN I DO ? HOW CAN I WALK AWAY IS MY QUESTION? CAN THE TRACTOR BE RETURNED BACK TO THE DEALER? WILL THAT AFFECT ME?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

THANK YOU BUT YOU ANSWER DOES NOT ANSWER MY QUESTION -

You can likely solve this by returning the tractor and should still insist on a release to ensure you are not pursued for any outstanding payments.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
DEAR HELPERS- I AM SORRY THAT MY QUESTION WAS COMPLEX AND NOT WELL WRITTEN. HOWEVER I FEEL THAT EVEN THAT THE QUESTION WAS NOT WELL WRITTEN AND COMPLEX - YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND MY QUESTION ANYWAY. THE QUESTION WAS SIMPLE-- I ASKED WHAT CAN I DO ON MY SITUATION AND EXPLAINED THE SITUATION. I STATED THAT THERE ARE NOT WRITTEN AGREEMENTS WITH MY FRIEND AND HIS COMPANY IN REGARDS XXXXX XXXXX TRACTOR AND TRAILER BEEN LISTED ON THE BILL OF PURCHASED AS EQUIPTMENT TO BE LEASED TO MY FRIEND COMPANY. MY FRIEND PUT MY NAME ON HIS COMPANY AS A FORM OF EMPLOYEE- BUT I DRAW NO MONIES FROM HIS COMPANY NOR THERE IS ANY AGREEMENT FOR SUCH THING. THE TRACTOR AND TRAILER IS BEEN DRIVEN BY HIS SON UNDER THE CARE OF MY FRIEND WHO IS ALSO A DRIVER AND DRIVES HIS OWN TRACTOR AS WELL. I JUST WANTED YOUR SUGGESTION AS TO WHAT DO YOU THINK - I SHOULD DO BECAUSE MY FRIEND AND HIS SON AFTER THE PURCHASE OF THE TRACTOR HAVE BEEN A BIT STRANGED AND WANTED ME TO SIGN SOMETHING SO THAT WHEN THE TRACTOR IS PAID- THE TRACTOR IS PASSED ON TO HIS SON. HOWEVER I SAW SUCH THING AS SELFISH SINCE NO ONLY IS MY CREDIT BEEN USED BUT ALSO THE COMMENT ABOUT SIGNING SOMETHING WAS SELFISH SINCE IT DID NOT INCLUDED ANYTHING ABOUT PERHAPS FUTURE MONEY OR EARNINGS FROM THE TRACTOR LOADS ON MY PART NOR INCLUDED ANYTHING PROTECTING ME IN ANY SITUATION SUCH AS PERHAPS THEY NOT GIVING ANY MONEY AFTER SOMETIME FOR THE PAYMENTS OF THE TRACTOR WHICH IS ON MY NAME. SO I WANT IT WITH MY QUESTION YOUR EXPERT LEGAL ADVICE INCLUDING WHAT TO DO - WHAT NOT TO DO- WHAT SHOULD I DO IN YOUR OPINION AND WHO TO DO SUCH THING IN ONE ANSWER SINCE THIS INVOLVES A COMPLEX OF SOLUTIONS. I FEEL YOU COULD ANSWER THE QUESTION IN ONE DETAIL ANSWER SINCE IT PERTAINS TO ONE TRACTOR TRAILER NOT MANY DIFFERENT TRACTORS AND TRAILERS. YOU STATED ON A SEPARATE ANSWER THAT I COULD JUST TURN IN THE TRACTOR BUT YOU GAVE ME NO PROCEDURES OR SUGGESTIONS OTHER THAN JUST TURNING THE TRACTOR -- THE TRACTOR IS NOT ON MY HANDS AND IS ON THE ROAD SOME PLACE NOT KNOWN TO ME OTHER THAT IT MAYBE ON THE WAY TO TEXAS. I RESIDE IN WASHINGTON STATE. THEY ARE NOT CALLING ME AT THE MOMENT EVEN THAT I LEFT THEM A PHONE MESSAGE TO BE CALLED YESTERDAY. SHOULD I GET A FIRM TO HANDLE THE REST FOR ME AND IF SO WHAT FIRM. I AM CLUE LESS.
You may want to retain a local lawyer to negotiate the return of the tractor on a date certain and the issuance of a general release in exchange. If you never signed an agreement, this bargain is a good one for both sides since there is no enforceable written agreement and satisfies both sides. But the agreement should be in writing and negotiated by a local lawyer which you can locate on www.lawyers.com