Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I recently finished a 2yr Custom auto restoration. The customer

Customer Question

I recently finished a 2yr Custom auto restoration. The customer took delivery of the car on June 20th, On July 1, he decided to call his credit card company and dipute the last 4 billings as fraud. Also on July 1 the customer came in to the office asking for us to charge back $3500. and recahrge it th efollowing month because his wife saw the Credit card statement. I told him NO, it would 1) give me a poor rating and I would get higher percentage rates taking CC cards and that I was not the local store where he was returning an item. The charges stood for the labor and parts that were used to get his car back to him faster then the projected delivery. And with the economy We were in no shape to just give moeny away we were not a bank the charges stand. Well The customer came back 4-5 times at the start of July while we finsihed some punch list items. ( We not Knowing he was disputing the 3 June billing and the billings he would recieve for July 6, and 7. Can we sue for damages? or?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.
You can sue for any work you performed that the customer has not paid. It would be an unpaid debt on an open account. You can recover the amounts due, plus interest and attorney's fees.