lwpat
lwpat, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 35 years of business experience.
15417118

I am a hair dresser in Southern California, I had a client

I am a hair dresser in Southern California, I had a client come in who has been coloring her own hair at home. She wanted to be a brown color, so I colored her hair, after I took the color off and blew dry her hair, she said it looked red. I took her outside, she thought it looked a little dark, I told her it would fayed in a few washes and she said it looked good.   She then called me 3 days later and said it was to dark, I told her to come back in. When she came back in I told her if I pull the color out it will turn orangie, but I can put a glaze over it with no guarantee that it will cut the orange, because she doesn't want it to dark. I did the color and she thought it looked fine, she then said it wasn't right and she pointed other clients that had Highlights in her hair, which is a different process altogether. She said she would call me to get highlights done. Now she wants to take me to small claims for $55. Should I reinburse the money or go to small claims.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
It just depends on whether you want to spend time in court or if it is worth your time to simply reimburse her regardless of fault. I do not see how she can expect to prevail so the choice is really up to you.