socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

i sold a convience store back to k&g petro, they dismissed

Customer Question

i sold a convience store back to k&g petro, they dismissed all former employess, and will only hire indians from india to work in their stores it seems all 100 or so stores that are company owned are staffed the same way. really sucks
Category: Business Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 7 years ago.

Do you have a question?

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
what information do you need
I "just answer" questions about the law. You have to ask a question, otherwise, I have nothing to answer.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
is hiring only one ethnic background for store staff legal?demograpcis in area is not mainly indian origan

Under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, job requirements must be uniformly and consistently applied to persons of all races and colors. Even if a job requirement is applied consistently, if it is not important for job performance or business needs, the requirement may be found unlawful if it excludes persons of a certain racial group or color significantly more than others. Examples of potentially unlawful practices include:

(1) soliciting applications only from sources in which all or most potential workers are of the same race or color;

(2) requiring applicants to have a certain educational background that is not important for job performance or business needs;

(3) testing applicants for knowledge, skills or abilities that are not important for job performance or business needs.

Similar rules apply to national origin discrimination. A dismissal of all but Indian ethnic employees for no particular reason, combine with rehiring only Indian replacement personnel, strongly suggests unlawful discrimination.

In order for you to have a valid complaint, however, you must have standing, i.e., you must apply for employment and be denied. Until you do, you cannot request an investigation from the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

To file a claim, see:

Hope this helps.