socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

Can the majority holder of an LLC treat the business as a hobby

Can the majority holder of an LLC treat the business as a hobby and use it as a tax shelter and keep the minority holder out of the opperations or even from asking questions about the way the accounting is being opperated?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 7 years ago.

Any owner of an LLC is legally entitled to review the company records, accounts, contracts, etc., during regular business hours. If the owner is prevented from reviewing the company records, the owner can sue for an injunction to enforce the owner's legal rights. RCW 25.15.135

Hope this helps.

For a civil litigation attorney referral in your jurisdition, see: and

Hope this helps.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking "Accept", you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.