How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INFOLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 54727
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
INFOLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a S corp. restaurant in Maryland. My partner and I

This answer was rated:

I have a S corp. restaurant in Maryland. My partner and I are going to open a new restaurant with the same name and menu in another location. Do we need to start another S. Corp for this location?

If we do, how close do I need to name the new S. Corp?

If we don't, do we just get new ID numbers?

Thanks, Lee
You can operate it under the same S Corp.   I see no advantage to opening another one unless you want to separate expenses and incomes from each restaurant.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
We do want to keep everything separate. So do we file a new S. corp? How close does the name need to be or not need to be?

Thanks, Lee
You can either keep separate books which an accountant can manage and the same corporation or form another corporation. The name should be different and will need a new Tax ID number. Your accountant can do all of this for you which is cheaper than using a lawyer and better than doing it without one to ensure the paperwork is in order.   
INFOLAWYER and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Business Law Questions