Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law
18695994

I recently started a Non-Profit Corp. registered in Nevada,

I recently started a Non-Profit Corp. registered in Nevada, doing business in southern California, physical offices located in Rosarito Beach Mexico. We sponsor medical services for the uninsured and unemployed through a Membership Plan provided by a Mexican Hospital    Questions:

1. Can My non-profit corp. have only 2 officers, a President & Secretary?
2. If I need a Treasurer, can the Secretary serve as a Tresurer?
3. Can the President serve as a Director?
4. Do we have to register as a Foreign Corporation and file a "DBA" in california and Nevada?
here are the answers to your questions.

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. You do not need to file a d/b/a in Nevada unless your corporate name is XXXXX XXXXX the name you use. If it is you should file the d/b/a. YOu will need to qualify as a foreign croporation in CA and get a d/b/a if you need one in Nevada.

You of course need to check Mexican law to see what you need to do there. Form 2553 is an S corp election that is not for Not for Profit corporations.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. I would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.