Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

I am a woman Managing Member and CEO of a LLC. Two of my male

I am a woman Managing Member and CEO of a LLC. Two of my male Investors are slandering and harassing me with e-mails and phone texts. One of them was caught falsifying our books numbers and I fired him. However he is still an investing member. What course of action cam I take to stop this and Can I have the Investing Member removed from the CompanY? All investors have been paid back, plus within 3 years of operation.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
Your bylaws should specify the procedure for the removal of an investing member. If the bylaws do not specify, then you would have to offer to buyout the member from the LLC and if they refuse or you cannot come to an agreement on an equitable buyout, you would have to proceed to court for the court for a declaratory judgment for an equitable buyout and removal of the member from the LLC. As far as the slander/libelous statements, if you can prove that not only the statements were known false when they are making them to third parties, but you are suffering an actual financial loss as a result of the statements, then you could sue for defamation/slander/libel. Furthermore, if the purpose of the communications are noneother than to annoy or harass, you could seek to file charges against the party with the DA for Harassing Electronic Communications and seek a restraining order against them.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”