N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  Since 1983
9653905

I registered my business name in the state of Hawaii about

Customer Question

I registered my business name in the state of Hawaii about 1 1/2 yrs. ago. While working with a potential client, I disclosed a sample of one of my marketing plans with my registered name as a header for the plan. The client didn't hire me to do his marketing, he instead hired me to scout and permit a site for a project he had in mind. I found out today he took an add and listing in the local yellow pages phone book using my registered business name. What should I do next?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 7 years ago.
I'd start by sending a letter demanding they cease and desist from using your registered name. If you tell me which island you are on I can look for a local attorney to assist you.
I'd start by sending a certified letter demanding they cease and desist from using your registered name. If you tell me which island you are on I can look for a local attorney to assist you.