socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

i have a contract that was signed but not dated anywhere on

Customer Question

i have a contract that was signed but not dated anywhere on the contract, i have read that if there is no date it is void, do you know the code #
Category: Business Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 7 years ago.

No such law exists in any jurisdiction. A contract requires (1) an offer; (2) acceptance of the offer; and (3) consideration (a legal detriment taken in exchange for the bargain contained in the offer).

For any other contract issue, the court can imply "reasonable" terms to fill in the gaps.

That said, if you have a particular issue, and you want to share the facts, I'll be happy to try to analyze it for you.

Hope this helps.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.