Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.
17027240

how to get a collection agency derogatory off my credit re

how to get a collection agency derogatory off my credit report?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.

Hi there. Let me see if I can help.

First, you will have to dispute the information in a letter to each of the three credit agencies. Once you dispute it, the credit reporting agency is required to investigate the dispute by sending it back to the Collection Agency for verification. If the Collection Agency verifies that the account is being reported correctly, the negative information will stay on your credit file. If the collection agency never responds to the investigation, then after about 30 days, the credit reporting agency will either delete the report from your file or report it as not being delinquent. If nothing done, you will need to get court order and then send the judge's order to the credit agency to get it removed.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
HELLO, YOUR FIRST ANSWER HAS BEEN DONE BEFORE AS I SATED IN MY FOLLOW UP COMENTS IF YOU'LL READ THEM YOU'LL SEE,I HAVE ALREADY DONE WHAT YOU SAID. MY ? IS WHAT NOW? WITH THE SECOND COLLECTION AENCY, LEXINGTON LAW, A CREDIT REPAIR AGENCY?
Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.

Sorry about that...I see that information now, but when your question originally pops up on our screens, this additional information does not appear...only your question. I do apologize.

If the credit agency will do nothing and DirectTV refuses to take it off (after you have sent them a demand letter by certified, return receipt requested mail do delete it) your only recourse is to file suit and get a judge's order to the credit agency to have it removed.