Is there anything I can do if I as falsely accused of making

Is there anything I can do if I as falsely accused of making a statement about the company and am now on indefinite suspension without pay and facing possible demotion or getting fired?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
What state are you employed in?
Is there an employee manual?
Is it a union job?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Illinois. It's regarding my husband's employment. He is a department manager at Menards in Peru, IL. Employees are not given handbooks due to the companies fear of it's competitors getting it. It is not a union job.
Legally then the employer can take any action it wants even if it is mistaken. He can seek to convince them otherwise. If the decision were discriminatory then there would be more recourse (meaning based on his race, gender, or age. see )
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Would it be considered discrimination if he was accused of this statement by 3 females and no males were included?
Gender discrimination typically applies to cases where women are harassed as opposed to men.    You can review the discussion on on gender discrimination and consider an eeoc complaint but I do not see a strong claim here on that basis.