N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  Since 1983
9653905

I HAVE A PROBLEM AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF YOU COULD HELP ME

I HAVE A PROBLEM AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF YOU COULD HELP ME I DRIVE TAXI AND I HAD A FAIR FROM A CITY IN MICHIGAN TO DOWN TOWN CHICAGO AND AFTER TWO HOURS RETURN TO MICHIGAN I WAS STOPPED AFTER I HAD DROPPED MY FAIR OFF AND WAS TOLD BY THE OFFICER I WAS NOT ALLOWED TO PICK MY FAIR BACK UP THEY LEFT ME DO IT ANYWAY BUT I FIND OK IM NOT ALLOWED TO PICK UP CHICAGO FAIRS I UNDERSTAND THAT BUT I BROUGHT THIS FAIR DOWN AND THEY EXPECTED ME TO BRING THEM BACK I JUST NEED THE INFORMATION PLEASE ON IF I CAN DROP OFF AND PICK UP THE SAME PEOPLE THANK YOU
Category: Business Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 7 years ago.
I believe you are allowed to pick up a fare in Michigan for a round trip excursion and drive to Chicago and back with that person. You did not solicit a fare in Ilinois. You took a rider on a round trip from Michigan to Chicago and back without picking up any other fares during that trip. I do not believe you are guilty of any violation of Illinois law by bringing a passenger from Michigan to Chicago and back.