How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INFOLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 56227
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
INFOLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I own a auto repair business and fell behind in rent, I sub-lease

Resolved Question:

I own a auto repair business and fell behind in rent, I sub-lease thru the franchise but made payment arrangements. The attorney filed a law suit against us stating she had to in order to make any payment arragment and told me I dont need to hire an attorney to respond. One attorney said that if I dont respond I loose by default and then I,m open to anything they want. They want me to sign a stipulation that I dont agree with. What should I do? Sign or get an attorney. and did they need to file a law suit?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
You do not need to settle by terms you do not agree with. Indeed if you do nothing and do not answer the complaint a default could be entered so you need to file an answer alone or through counsel.   
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Did the attorney need to file a law suit to make payment arrangements?
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
Did not. Some lawyers try to settle first. Some sue first and then either proceed with securing the court order or settle, whichever comes first. Often the client want to sue and tells the lawyer to sue and not lose time trying to settle. without the lawsuit, many defendants dont strongly consider settling.   
INFOLAWYER and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Business Law Questions