FiveStarLaw
FiveStarLaw, Attorney
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

I provide chauffeurs to executives, my business is registered

I provide chauffeurs to executives, my business is registered in New York, I would like to provide chauffeurs to executives in Miami-Dade, palm beach and broward county, what forms must I fill out.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  FiveStarLaw replied 5 years ago.

You can register your NY company with the Florida Department of State. See MyFlorida.com

You will also need to obtain a county and city local business tax receipt (formerly an occupational license) and/or zoning permit from the city clerk or county tax collector.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

When you say I can register my company with the Florida Dept of State, what form exactly are you speaking of?

Is it a form for companies registered outside of the State of Florida that want to do business in Florida?

Do you have the form number?

And you mentioned "and or zoning permit from the city clerk or county tax collector". I'm contracting with people to drive clients', I will not have a physical location, shop or store, is a zoning permit necessary?

Here are the forms and instructions to register a foreign profit corporation to transact business in Florida: click here

If you are contracting out existing businesses to drive, you would not require a zoning permit. However, the business/person you are hiring should have a zoning permit.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
That portion has been cleared up, however the city local business tax receipt, that you mentioned does that need to be filed for every county or would the driver i'm contracting with need to file that, and if i must file it, do you have the link to those forms as well, Broward, Miami-Dade, and Palm Beach County?

The driver can file for the business tax receipt. The driver will need to obtain a business tax receipt in the county and the city where he is located.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I'm going to click accept in a few minutes. I just wanted to know, how much would you charge to review, adjust and correct a document that I was going to use to contract with independent drivers in the State of Florida? Or if that is something you're not interested in, let me know.

Thanks,

Thank you. Unfortunately site rules prohibit me from representing customers of this site. Here is a link to a site that you may find helpful in locating counsel: www.martindale.com

FiveStarLaw, Attorney
Experience: 25 years of experience helping people like you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Ok thanks, XXXXX XXXXX't know, this is the first time i've been on this site.

Thanks, again,