Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.

Im selling my part of an LLC in texas do I have to report

I'm selling my part of an LLC in texas do I have to report the sell to the state or just keep the documents incase anything comes up?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.

Hi there. You do not have to report the sale to the state when you sell an interest in an LLC. The only recorded document for an LLC in Texas is the Certificate of Formation and it does not have to be amended for ownership changes within the LLC. You will need to save the documents. You will also need to report the sale transaction on your federal income tax return....i.e., you will need to report any gain or loss on the sale of your interest.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN "ACCEPT" button NOW, so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you've made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please don't hesitate to click "Reply" and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.