i was just served with a summons on a credit card that was

i was just served with a summons on a credit card that was charged off in 20004. The wording about the account is all wrong , the date it was opened is wrong, and the fact that the lawyer thinks that it is still an active card is wrong. It was a cancelled card before it was charged off. I don't even think the lawyer knows it was charged off years ago. I think he is a junk debt collector and just trying to get money from me. What should I do besides answer the summons?
You should answer the complaint and raise in defenses waiver, laches, statute of limitations, and payment. That is the best recourse.
The statute of limitations is 6 years from the date of the last payment or charge, whichever is later.

Laches is a defense based on unreasonable delay in pursuing the defendant. similar to waiver.