socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

How will courts determine if you do, indeed have a partner

Customer Question

How will courts determine if you do, indeed have a partnership
Category: Business Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 7 years ago.

In the absence of any partnership agreement, each State jurisdiction has enacted a version of the "Uniform Partnership Act," which controls the court's analysis.

The fundamental definition of a partnership is, "An association of two or more persons as coowners to carry on a business for profit." In addition, the factors found in Mo. Revised Stattes 358.070 apply.

Hope this helps.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.