Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.

Im applying to get a sales person license but Im on probation

Customer Question

I'm applying to get a sales person license but I'm on probation for four years, two years to go, my case is confidential. Will I still be able to be issued a lisence?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
-Where are you located?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am located in Fairfield, California. My case is distribution of drugs, they gave me four years of probation, 500 hours of community service and a $100 fine. My case was confidentia because I gave assitance to the federal government. I've already completed two years of my probation and 400 hours of my community service. Everything is going fine with probation. On the DMV application there was a question about criminal history, what should I do to get a lisence?
You need to determine if your case was entered as a conviction, then you would have to answer "yes" if it was not a conviction, then you can answer "no" but you would need to review the court record to make that determination. They should really not deny you your license for a case like this where there was a deferred sentence, since it does not count as a conviction.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”